Friday, May 20, 2011

Harold Camping and the Rapture

Harold Camping's teachings remind me of a Texas Longhorn- a point here and a point there and a lot of bull in between.

This guy has been telling people for years not to go to church because they are all apostate- that's not what my Bible says- Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

He also claimed Christ would come in 1994 and now claims we can know it will be tomorrow and says the Bible guarantees it! That's not what my Bible says- Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Harold Camping's false teachings and false prophecies cause unbelievers to mock the Bible [even though what he is teaching is against what the Bible teaches].
Harold Camping's false teachings and false prophecies cause baby Christians to be confused.
Harold Camping's false teachings and false prophecies cause mature Christians to be embarrassed.

Let me be clear-

I believe in the God of the Bible

I believe in the Bible, the Word of God

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour

I believe in His return as taught in the Bible - including the Rapture

I just don't believe a false teacher like Harold Camping knows much of what he is talking about and furthermore I doubt he believes it, or else why not turn his ministries over to someone else now- to show us he truly believes. He has had offers to do so.

[for further information type "rapture" in the search box on this blog page]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'