Sunday, May 08, 2011

A GREAT WOMAN

II KINGS 4

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. KEYS TO GREATNESS [4:8-17]

1. Care for the Man of God [v. 8-10]

2. Contentment with the Plan of God [v. 11-13]

3. Humility with the Blessing of God [v. 14-17]

II. CHARACTERISTICS OF GROWTH [4:18-37]

1. Faith [v. 18-23, Hebrews 11:6]

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2. Perseverance [v. 24-30, Colossians 4:2]

Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

3. Reverence [v. 31-37, 2 Kings 2:15]

And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him

III. THE SOURCE OF GOODNESS [8:1-6]

1. She Heeded the Word of God [v. 1-2]

2. She Honored the Land of God [v. 3, 1 Kings 21:3]

And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee.

3. She was Helped by the Hand of God [v. 4-6, Psalm 121:1-2]

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'