Sunday, October 18, 2009

DON'T BLAME GOD

Isaiah 50

Pastor Rick Jackson

A student asked his teacher, "Why did you give me a "D" on my report card?"
"I didn't give you a "D". You earned a "D". I merely recorded the grade."

I. DON'T BLAME GOD FOR TROUBLE [v. 1-3]

1. Blame Sin [v. 1]

2. Blame Your Apathy [v. 2a]

3. Blame Your Inattention [v. 2b-3]

II. DON'T BLAME GOD FOR TRYING [v. 4-8]

1. Jesus Spoke as None Else [v. 4]

2. Jesus Lived as None Else [v. 5-7]

3. Jesus Invites as None Else [v. 8]

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

III. DON'T BLAME GOD FOR WHO YOU TRUST [v. 9-11]

1. The Chance is for Everyone [v. 9]

Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

2. The Christ is for Everyone [v. 10]

3. The Choice is for Everyone [v. 11, Romans 1:18ff]

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I enjoyed reading this today!
Vicki Templeton

 
mobile='yes'