Monday, February 16, 2009

LETS PLAY A DUET WITH THE MASTER

By Sumner Wemp

THANKS TO MY DEAR FRIEND, JOHN GRANT FOR THIS STORY

THE PIANIST

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, a mother returned to her seat and discovered that her child was missing. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. To her horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.' At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, 'Don't quit . . Keep playing.' Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child, and he added a running obbligato. Together, the old master and the young novice transformed what could have been a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience. The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played. Only the classic, ' Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.'

Perhaps that's the way it is with God. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't always graceful flowing music. However, with the hand of the Master, our life's work can truly be beautiful. The next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You may hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, 'Don't quit . . . Keep playing.'

May you feel His arms around you and know that His hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces.

"Without me ye can do nothing." Jn 15:5.
"Enoch walked with God" hand in hand Gen 5:22.
"And he had this testimony, that he pleased God" Heb 11:5.

Dear Christian, there is a world our there going to hell. They desperately need you to "keep playing" give the gospel to every creature like He told you and let Him put His arms around you and win souls to Christ and "change" the world 2 Cor 5:17.

We MUST for the devil is "changing" the world and especially the good ole USA. Will you? "The harvest is plenteous" He said so.

By the hundreds people have asked how I see so many people saved in stores, service stations, hospitals, restaurants etc. Simple. Please don't show your wicked heart and accuse me of boasting. Every person I ever saw saved YOU could have led them to Christ. I just keep looking for the ones God has ready.

1. He that sows sparingly is going to reap sparingly. I sow a lot of seed as you who have been with me by email know. Each week I give out 50 to 100 gospel tracts. He that does not sow wont reap at all. Make sense.

2. I stay in love with Jesus. Notice I did not say I am good or never fail or sin. I CONFESS SIN all the time. BUT I surely love Jesus. Please try this. Over and over through the day, I remember or remind myself how the Lord Jesus suffered and died for my sins, paid my debt in full, was buried, rose again and was seen by hundreds. That keeps my heart on fire. I picture Calvary and Jesus dying for my sins.

3. DON'T ever talk about your church or any one's. The church cant save. It is too easy to get into a debate about which church is better or best. NONE can save. I NEVER argue with a person." The servant of the Lord MUST not strive", argue. I have literally walked out of a house or away from a person trying to argue with me.

4. My word but I have good news to tell people. The way to heaven has already been paid in full. Christ suffered and died for ALL of our sins. They were all yet in the future and He paid for all of them. I find most people do not know that. AND most Christians never never tell Christ died for our sins. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation to them that BELIEVE it will get them to heaven.

5. Be gracious and kind. I never have people get mad or even upset. I don't try to beg them to accept Christ. if they are not ready it wont do one bit of good to push.

Above all keep the joy of the Lord in your own heart and give everyone a Ticket to Heaven. ABC Sumner

Go to www.sumnerwemp.com read all new articles and rejoice. Call 1-877-872-2871 or write Good News Pub. 1300 Crescent St. Wheaton, Ill. 60187 USA to get "Your Ticket to Heaven'" tracts.

Invest in eternity. Jesus is coming any minute now.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'