Wednesday, February 04, 2009

If the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

I CORINTHIANS 15:8

I. THE PRIMARY INTERPRETATION [I Cor. 14]

1. Biblical Tongues Refers to a Learnable Language [v. 16, 21]

2. Biblical Teaching must be done in a language known to the Hearers [v. 9-11]

3. Biblical Trumpets communicated a specific message [v. 6-8]

II. A POWERFUL APPLICATION [15;8]

1. An Uncertain Sound Concerning Inspiration

"The Bible contains the Word of God"

Truth-the Bible IS the Word of God [1 Thessalonians 2:13] For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2. An Uncertain Sound Concerning Creation

"It doesn't matter how long God took to create everything or how He did it as long as we recognize he did do it."

Truth- since God specifically told us how long He took and how He made it- it does matter! [2 Peter 3:5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

3. An Uncertain Sound Concerning Salvation

KING: What if you’re Jewish or Muslim, you don’t accept Christ at all?
OSTEEN: You know, I’m very careful about saying who would and wouldn’t go to heaven. I don’t know . . .
KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They’re wrong, aren’t they?
OSTEEN: Well, I don’t know if I believe they’re wrong. I believe here’s what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God can judge a person’s heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don’t know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don’t know. I’ve seen their sincerity. So I don’t know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

Truth- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way °, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby ° we must be saved.

III. A POINTED EXPECTATION

1. Speak the Truth [Romans 9:1] I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2. Speak the Truth Plainly [1 Corinthians 14:19] Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

3. Speak the Truth Plainly knowing was are accountable [Matthew 12:36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'