Sunday, December 28, 2008

THIS IS MY STORY, HE IS MY SONG

EXODUS 15:1-5

Pastor Rick Jackson

This is the first song given in the Bible. It has three verses of unequal length. The first verse is a testimonial to others as to Who God is in my life and what He has done for me! It is this verse we will explore in this message.

The second verse [v. 6-10] is directed straight to God and deals with how awesome God is. The third verse of the song [v. 11-18] is likewise directed to God and rejoices in what He will do with reference at the end to what He has already done. Lord willing, these latter 2 verses will be the subject of our next meeting.

I. I WILL SING FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE! [v.1]

1. IT IS A SONG OF AN INDIVIDUAL NATURE [v. 1]

"Then sang Moses..." "I will sing..."

2. IT IS A SONG OF A SHARED EXPERIENCE [v. 1]

"Then sang Moses and the children of Israel..."

3. IT IS A SONG OF A WORK OF GRACE [v. 1]

"I will sing unto the LORD, for HE hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath HE thrown into the sea."

II. I WILL SING FOR WHO HE IS! [v. 2]

1. HE IS MY STRENGTH

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 27:1 The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 28:7 The LORD [is] my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.
Jeremiah 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and [things] wherein [there is] no profit.
Habakkuk 3:19 The LORD God [is] my strength...
Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

2. HE IS MY SONG (not just that He gives me a song)

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Psalm 118:14 The LORD [is] my strength and song, and is become my salvation.
Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:19 The LORD God [is] my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds [feet,] and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

3. HE HAS BECOME MY SALVATION (not automatic)

III. I WILL SING FOR HE IS WORTHY OF PRAISE! [v. 2c-5]

1. HE IS MY GOD [v. 2]

2. I AM HIS HABITATION [v. 2]

3. HE IS MY FATHER'S GOD [v. 2]

4. I WILL EXALT HIM [v. 2]

5. HE IS MY VICTORY! [v. 3-5, Rm. 8:31-39 ]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'