Monday, December 22, 2008

QUOTES OF THE WEEK!

If you wish to know God, you must know his Word. If you wish to perceive His power, you must see how He works by his Word. If you wish to know His purpose before it comes to pass, you can only discover it by His Word." (C.H. Spurgeon)

"There is nothing so costly as ignorance." (Horace Mann)

"I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me." (Hudson Taylor)

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Loneliness seems to be one pricethe saint must pay for his saintliness. Always remember this: you cannot carry a cross in company. Though a man were surrounded by a vast crowd, his cross is his alone and his carrying of it marks him as a man apart." (A.W. Tozer)

"When I was on board the Mary, those particular parts of the Book of Jeremiah, which relate to the opposition he met with from false prophets, were deeply impressed upon my soul. Now I begin to see the wisdom of God in it; for five churches have already denied me, and some of the clergy, if possible, would oblige me to depart out of these coasts. But I rejoice in this opposition, it being a certain sign that a more effectual door will be opened, since there are so many adversaries." (George Whitefield - Journal - Dec. 10, 1738)

Written to his wife during one difficult time in the work of the China Inland Mission, "We have twenty-five cents - and all the promises of God!" (J. Hudson Taylor)

"To learn strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testings." (George Mueller)

"If the Lord fails me at this time, it will be the first time." (George Mueller)

"Nothing but Christianity will give you the victory. Until a man believes in his heart that Jesus Christ is his Lord and Master...his course through life will be neither safe nor pleasant. My only regret is that I was so long blinded by my pleasures, my vices and pursuits, and the examples of others that I was kept from seeing, admiring, and adoring the marvelous light of the gospel." (Francis Scott Key, author of the words of our national anthem)

"I would rather sail and hit a rock than sit and rot in dry dock." (Dr. Lester Roloff)

"There was a day when I died; died to self, my opinions, preferences, tastes and will; died to the world, its approval or censure; died to the approval or blame even of my brethren or friends; and since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God." (George Mueller)

"Be active. Give no place to indolence or sloth. Give no occasion for anyone to say, 'You are idle.'" (John Wesley)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'