Wednesday, December 10, 2008

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME... BE OF GOOD FEAR!

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. SENSE OF FEAR [Heb. 11:7]

1. Salvation [Isaiah 12:2]

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

2. Sovereignty [Psalm 111:10]

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

3. Situations [Psalm 56:3] What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee

II. CHRISTMAS FEAR [Luke 1:50]

1. Don't Fear the Grace of God [Luke 1:30]

2. Don't Fear the Gospel Message [Luke 2:10]

3. Don't Fear the Thoughts of Men [Matthew 1:20]

III. FEARFUL THINGS

1. Fear the Shelf [Rm. 11:19-22, 1 Corinthians 9:27]

2. Fear the Staff [2 Corinthians 5:11]

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

3. Fear Self (the flesh)

1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
2 Corinthians 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Hebrews 12:21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'