Thursday, December 04, 2008

QUOTES OF THE WEEK!

Wishing you the joys of the season, a happy new year, long life & a happy immortality, I remain your friend, -Andrew Jackson from The Hermitage in the winter of 1840

I have known God to use people who never had a chance, but I have never known God to use a person who has had a chance and will not take it - Bob Jones, Sr.

[quote within a quote] During the Roman Empire, there was a faithful pastor named Polycarp. Jealous of his allegiance to God, the Roman rulers demanded that he curse the Lord Jesus and pledge his allegiance to Caesar instead. If he refused to do so, he would certainly be killed. Polycarp responded by saying, "Eighty and six years have I served Christ, and He has done me no wrong; how then can I blaspheme my King who has saved me?" Polycarp was killed-but he was faithful. - Wil Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'