Sunday, September 07, 2008

THE EXODUS OF AMBITION

EXODUS 2:15-3:10

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. THE DEFINING OF MOSES [2:15-22]

1. His Character [v. 15-17]

2. His Contentment [v. 18-21, 1 Timothy 6:6]

But godliness with contentment is great gain.

3. His Core [v. 22, Heb. 11:24-27]

II. THE DETOUR OF MOSES [2:23-3:3]

1. The Process of Prayer [2:23-25]

2. The Perspective of Patience [3:1]

3. The Prospect of Power [3:2-3]

III. THE DIFFERENCE MAKER [3:4-10]

Moses had tried to deliver his brethren before. He was in the prime of his life. The peak of his political power, he had the greatest education a man could have at that time. And yet he failed miserably. He was finished and he knew it! But God was not finished. God was not finished with Moses. He had to get Moses to depend on Him not on himself. 40 years in the desert had taken its toll on Moses' ambition. Now God can make the difference. God is the Difference Maker. In Moses' life, in my life, in yours. Let God make the difference!

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Someone has said, "During the first 40 years of Moses life he thought he was Somebody. During the second 40 years of his life he learned he was Nobody. During the last 40 years of his life Moses learned God can use Anybody!"

Some important things to remember concerning making a difference with the Difference Maker!

1. God is the Instigator! [v. 4]

2. God is the Identifier [v. 5-6]

3. God is the Intervener [v. 7-10]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'