ISAIAH 45:18-23
Pastor Rick
Jackson
Over 2000
times in the Bible we are told that God spoke. God still speaks today.
Primarily He speaks through His infallible, inerrant Word. When God speaks:
I. GOD
SPEAKS AUTHORITATIVELY
1. His Word
is True [Jn. 17:17, Titus 1:1-2]
- Sanctify
them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- Paul, a
servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's
elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of
eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
2. His Word
is Indestructible [Mt. 24:35]
- Heaven and
earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
3. His Word
is Powerful [Jer. 23:29, Heb. 4:12]
- Is not my
word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock
in pieces?
- For the
word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and
marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
II. GOD
SPEAKS EXPECTANTLY
1. God Expects
Us to Respect His Word [Ps. 119:6, 15, 117]
-I not be
ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
-I will
meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
-Hold thou
me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes
continually.
2. God Expects
Us to Read His Word
[Neh. 8:8, Mt.
19:4, 1 Th. 5:27]
- So they read in the book in the law
of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the
reading.
- And he answered and said unto them,
Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and
female
- I charge you by the Lord that this
epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
-And why
call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
-But be ye
doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
III. GOD
SPEAKS COMPASSIONATELY
1. He Speaks
Tenderly [Matthew 11:28]
-Come unto
me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
2. He speaks
Rationally [Is. 1:18]
-Come now,
and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be
as wool.
3. He Speaks
Clearly [Jn. 3:16-18]
For God so
loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth
in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son
into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be
saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is
condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.

No comments:
Post a Comment