Sunday, September 08, 2024

WHAT’S THE POINT?

Genesis 25:32, 1 Kings 19:4, Jonah 4:3, Mt. 27:3-5

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

-And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?

-But he [Elijah] himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

- Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live.

-Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

 

I. CONSIDER LIFE’S PAIN

 

1. The Pain of Trouble [Job 3:26, 5:6-7, 14:1]

-Job- I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

-Eliphaz- Although affliction cometh not forth of the dust, neither doth trouble spring out of the ground; Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.

-Job - Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.

Point - 2 Chronicles 15:4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.

 

2. The Pain of Tribulation [John 16:33, Romans 2:9]

-These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

- Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Point - Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

2 Corinthians 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

 

3. The Pain of Travail [John 16:19-22] anguish, sorrow of heart

Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye inquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you

 

II. CONSIDER LIFE’S POSSIBILITIES

1. You Can Be Saved and Know It! [John 3:17, 10:9,  Acts 16:30-31, Rm. 10:9, 13

-For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

- I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

- And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

 

2. You Can Be Sanctified [John 17:19,  1 Cor. 6:11, 2 Tm. 2:21, Heb. 10:14]

-And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

- And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

- If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

- For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

 

3. You Can Be Successful [Joshua 1:8]

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

 

III. CONSIDER LIFE’S POINT – The Will of God

 

1. Salvation [2 Peter 3:9]

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

 

2. Sanctification [1 Thessalonians 4:3]

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

 

3. Success [1 Thessalonians 4:1, Heb. 11:6]

-Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

- But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'