Sunday, September 17, 2023

THE WELL-KNOWN SECRET OF SUCCESS

Pastor Rick Jackson*

 

The word “success” is only found in one verse of the Scripture, though the truth of success is found all through the pages of Holy Writ. People have strange ideas about success. Many folks have an idea that success is popularity – looks – riches – prestige – power – and such like. They also tend to think that if you have a lot of problems, you are not a success. But we find that these ideas are not correct. Consider these truths:

 

I. SUCCESS IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF MISTAKES [PS. 37:23-24]

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”  - Thomas A. Edison

“I would rather fail in the cause that someday will triumph than triumph in a cause that will someday fail. “ – Wilson

“Success is having the right perspective of failure.” – Wm. T. Monroe

 

II. SUCCESS IS NOT THE POSSESSION OF GREAT RICHES [PS. 37:16]

A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

In 1923 nine of the world’s richest men met at a famous Chicago Hotel. Their combined financial power was greater than the Federal Reserve Bank. 25 years later one was living on borrowed money, one was in a mental asylum, two were running from the law, 2 just got out of prison, three had committed suicide and died penniless

 

III. SUCCESS IS NOT THE PRESENCE OF GREAT PERSONAL GIFTS [Acts 12:21-23, 1 Corinthians 4:7]

- And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

-For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Jimi Hendrix, Stephen Foster, Hitler

 

IV. SUCCESS IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF PAIN OR GREAT TESTING [2 Cor. 11:23-28, 12:7-9]

-Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

-And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 

 V. SUCCESS IS TO BE SAVED, TO BE SURRENDERED & TO BE SERVING. [Joshua 1:8, 2 Tm. 4:6-8]

-This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

--For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

 

No one who goes to Hell forever can be considered a success.

“In God’s will- there can be no failure, outside God’s will- there can be no success.” – Wm. T. Monroe

*inspired by Pastor Wm. T. Monroe

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'