Wednesday, September 27, 2023

FRIENDS OF FAITH 4

THE BEST FRIEND
Pastor Rick Jackson
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

I. CHRIST THE FRIEND
1. The Friend of Sinners [Matthew 11:19, Zechariah 13:6]
-The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
- And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
2. The Friend of Savages [Psalm 41:9, Matthew 26:47-50]
- Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
- And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people. Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast. And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed him. And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him.
3. The Friend of the Saved Dead [John 11:11]
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

II. CHRIST OUR FRIEND
1. Tells the Truth [Proverbs 27:6, 9]
- Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
-Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
2. Sticks Closer than a Brother [Proverbs 17:17, 18:24]
- A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
- A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
3. Laid Down His Life [John 15:13]
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

III. FRIENDS OF CHRIST
1. Rejoice in His Words [John 3:29]
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
2. Do His Commands [John 15:14-15]
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
3. Reject the World’s Friendship [James 4:4-10]
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'