Sunday, September 24, 2023

HALF A CENTURY WITH CHRIST – MY TESTIMONY OF GOD’S GRACE

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I was thinking of how next spring will mark 50 years since I graduated from high school and then the Lord impressed upon me that several more significant anniversaries should be noted.

 

I. THE BEST DECISION A SINNER EVER MADE [1 Cor. 15:3-6]

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once;

It was my Freshman year of High School [1970-72] that I came to know the Saviour.

 

1. I Saw My Sin [Romans 3:23, 6:23; Ezekiel 18:4]

- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

- The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

 

2. I Saw the Saviour [John 1:29, 36]

- The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

- And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

 

3. I Sincerely Received the Saviour [John 1:12]

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

 

II. THE BEST DECISION A SAINT EVER MADE [Matthew 18:19-20]

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

It was my Junior year of High School that the sweet Holy Spirit moved me out of spiritual kindergarten.

 

1. Read the Bible [Isaiah 34:16, 55:11, 2 Peter 3:18]

- Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them

-So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

- But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

 

2. Respond to the Bible

-find a Bible church [1 Timothy 3:15]

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

-baptism [Mt. 28:18]

-get involved [Eph. 2:8-10]

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

-everything else [pray, give, worship, et cetera]

 

3. Represent the Bible

-you are an ambassador [2 Corinthians 5:20]

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

-you are a witness [Acts 1:8]

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

-you are a saint [1 Cor. 1:2]

to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

-you are a student [2 Tm. 2:15]

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

-you are a soldier [2 Tm. 2:3-4]

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

-you are a planter/farmer [1 Corinthians 3:6]

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

HALF A CENTURY WITH CHRIST – A DROP IN THE BUCKET

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'