Wednesday, June 08, 2022

IT’S OKAY FOR THE LOW MAN ON THE TOTEM POLE TO HAVE HIGH HOPES

 

IT’S OKAY FOR THE LOW MAN ON THE TOTEM POLE TO HAVE HIGH HOPES

 

Luke 19:3             “I want to see Jesus. [v. 3] I want to know more about Him. I might want Him to be my friend.”

 

Pastor Rick Jackson [adapted from a Corley Brothers Message]

 

I. HE SEES ME [v. 1-5]

-2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth

-Ps. 139: 11-12 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

-Heb. 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

 

II. HE KNOWS ME [v. 5]

-Psalm 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

-John 2: 24-25 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

 

III. HE WANTS ME [v. 5, 10]

-Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

-Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

-2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

 

IV. HE CAN HAVE ME [v. 6-10]

-John 6: 37-40 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, , but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

-Rm. 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'