Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Quotes of the Week

I tell you, next to losing your soul the most horrible thing I know is to lose (waste) your life! - Jesse M. Hendley [How to Have a Revival, pg. 220]


As long as God lives, no child of His need despair. - elderly Christian woman (name unknown) [How to Have a Revival, pg. 231]


God is still on His throne. He is still able. Oh, "I am with you alway," said my Lord Jesus. He did not say, "I will go with you," but "I AM with you." Brother, that means a lot more to me than "I will go with you." It is that eternal presence, "I am." - Joe Henry Hankins [How to Have a Revival, pg. 231]


The Bible is not only full of examples of revival in answer to prayer, but the Bible is full of promises of revival and the power of God in answer to prayer. I put the two together because to me they are inseparable and synonymous. - Joe Henry Hankins [How to Have a Revival, pg. 231-232]


I am not much of a theologian, but I believe the Bible, and the Lord made this promise in Luke 11:13: "If ye thenbeing evilknow how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" I believe with all of my heart in asking God for that divine power. I believe that God will give it in answer to prayer. You can talk about the Holy Spirit's indwelling the believe - I believe that; you can talk about the Holy Spirit's being here upon the earth in this age to guide the church - I believe that; but I believe that a special outpouring and a special filling of the Spirit of God is given in answer to prayer, and without that we shall never have a revival. - Joe Henry Hankins [How to Have a Revival, pg. 233]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'