Wednesday, October 28, 2020

TO FEAR OR NOT TO FEAR. . . .

MATTHEW 10:24-28

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

When I was a kid my friends and I liked to watch scary movies with couch pillows to hide behind. Mind you the scary movies we watched were mild compared to today’s fare but nevertheless we were scared. Of what are you afraid?

 

I. DON’T FEAR THE FICTIONAL

 

1. Man Made myths - Frankenstein’s monster, Vampires, Zombies, Freddy, Jason. Etc. [1 Corinthians 8:4]

 

We know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

 

2. Man Made Religions - Buddhism, Islam, etc.  [1 Corinthians 10:19-20]

 

What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

1 Corinthians 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said , I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

 

3. Man Mutilated Truths - Angels, Demons, Witches, “Christian” cults [Colossians 2:18]

 

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

 

II. DON’T FEAR THE LIMITED

 

1. Lies About Your Person [v. 24-26]

 

2. Physical Threats for Jesus Sake [v. 27-28a]

 

3. Being Forgotten [v. 29-31]

 

III. DO FEAR TRUE DANGERS

 

1. Rejecting the One True God [v. 28b]

 

2. Rejecting the Gospel of God [v. 28c]

 

3. Rejecting the Service of God [v. 32-42]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'