Sunday, October 18, 2020

LIVING THE LIFE

                                                           GAL. 2:20, 1 SAMUEL 17

 

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. ACCEPT WHAT YOU ARE [v. 26, 29-36, 39]

 

1. Consider the Divine Acceptance [John 1:12, 2 Corinthians 6:2]

 

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

 

2. Consider the Divine Activity [Ephesians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 5:17]

 

To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

 

3. Consider the Divine Appointment [v. 16-23, 2 Corinthians 5:18-21]

 

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Remember-God could have anyone He wanted where you are [Esther 4:14] …and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

 

II. USE WHAT YOU HAVE [v. 40, 49-51]

 

1. By Divine Expertise - all we have, He gave us [1 Corinthians 4:7]

 

For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

 

2. By Divine Enablement - all we can do, He enables us [1 Corinthians 15:10]

 

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

 

3. By Divine Excellence [2 Corinthians 4:5-7]

 

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness , hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

 

III. GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY [v. 45-47]

 

1. His Power [v. 37, Acts 1:8]

 

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me …

 

2. His Plan [Is. 55:8, 1 Corinthians 1:26-28]

 

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

 

3. His Purpose [1 Corinthians 1:29-31]

 

That no flesh should glory in his presence . But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'