Monday, October 12, 2020

"I SING THE MIGHTY POWER OF GOD"

LUKE 9:37-44

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Creation. Revelation. Redemption. The exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. We ought be “amazed at the mighty power of God” and be in wonder “ at all things which Jesus did.” This message is less than a ripple made by throwing a pebble in the ocean of God’s works. What does He do?

 

I. HE EVANGELIZES THE LOST

 

1. By Giving Salvation [Rm. 1:16]

 

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

 

2. By Giving Sight [Acts 26:14-18]

 

And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

 

3. By Giving Sonship [John 1:12]

 

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

 

II. HE EMPOWERS THE LIFE

 

1. Through Him we can Overcome Circumstances [Rm. 15:13]

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

 

2. Through Him we can Overcome Infirmities [2 Cor. 12:9]

 

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 

3. Through Him we can Overcome Fear [2 Tm. 1:7]

 

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

 

III. HE ENABLES THE LOWLY

 

1. To Witness [Acts 1:8, 4:29, 31]

 

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

 

2. To Minister Our Gifts [Eph. 3:7-8]

 

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

 

3. To Stand [Eph. 6:10-17]

 

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'