Friday, August 17, 2018

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

Quotes from the late John R. Rice- Evangelist, pastor, editor, author and Christian leader taken from his writings for the most part. For daily quotes complete with where they came from go to:  https://www.facebook.com/Dr-John-R-Rice-1589630474596652/


This halfway business for Jesus gets you in trouble. You say, "I am a Christian, but I am no fanatic." Not being a fanatic is what gets you in trouble. A real fanatic for Jesus Christ has a safeguard. People say about me, "John Rice is sort of a fanatic." But they never say, "Come on, Brother Rice, and take a drink from my bottle." It is worth being called a fanatic to have that! - John R. Rice

It is very rare that anybody ever offers me a cigarette; and to be sure they don't offer it the second time! That is one safeguard you have by being a fanatic, Brother. I thank God for that! - John R. Rice

You don't have to sin. When you do, that is your fault. Someone asks me if I believe in sinless perfection. I believe in it but I don't practice it. Nobody else does but Jesus. I could do right about some particular thing, but I don't. I am just too mean. I want to. Why don't I do right? I don't know, unless it is the wickedness within me. This much I know: After He warns me and after He tells me, He still loves me and still prays for me and still keeps me. Oh, love that will not let me go! - John R. Rice

No Christian can be a good Christian without the Bible. - John R. Rice

You need a working knowledge of the Bible to whip sin. There isn't any such thing as a Christian living a victorious life and winning out on the sin question except with the Word of God. - John R. Rice

There is no such thing as a Christian living a life pleasing to God except he know enough of the Bible to know what pleases God. - John R. Rice 

I know how you can get victory over smoking, but the reason you do not is because you do not take time to get the thing whipped on the Bible basis.
I would take thirty minutes every day of my life and find Scriptures that fit my case. Then I would pray and claim the Word of God for the grace I need and for the help I need and for comfort for my heart. I would claim the Scriptures and go to God in prayer and tell Him so. I would live that day with cigarettes. After a few days you would have the Devil so scared and whipped, you can leave them alone the rest of your life. You are not going to do it otherwise. The Bible has a remedy for sin. - John R. Rice

No Christian can be a good Christian without the Bible. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'