Friday, August 11, 2017

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

Anybody who loves the Bible will want to find what Jesus really said instead of twisting it to fit some favorite doctrine. People with a bias and with an opinion which is settled ahead of time cannot understand the Bible because they make it try to please them and their denomination and their teaching. - John R. Rice  

If I should be sent to Russia on business or to represent America, I should remember I am an American. I belong to America. George Washington is mine. Valley Forge is mine. The Declaration of Independence and the "Star-Spangled Banner" and the American ideals and heritage are mine. So now I ought to feel that I am in a world about me that belongs to the Devil. All kinds of wickedness go on, but I am not a part of it. I won't get its stain on me. I am going to live like one whose citizenship is in Heaven. - John R. Rice

Oh, a Christian ought to live as if Jesus might come today. And well He might. He will come one day, suddenly, unannounced. And how ashamed will be those who are not living for the Saviour. It is sometimes true that a Christian does not live a good life. But you are going to be caught up into Heaven to meet Christ, and at the judgment seat you will receive the things done in the body. So a Christian had better be thinking about the future. I have a time coming when I must give an account, so I had better be ready for it. I had better get living for God so that I will be so glad when He comes. - John R. Rice

There ought to be something about a Christian that recommends Christ to others. There ought to be something that makes it so a fellow feels, "I wish I had what he has." Christians should live in view of the second coming. He may come at any moment, and we will have to give an account to the Lord. - John R. Rice

Do you know why a Christian can never come to this judgment [The Last Judgment of the Unsaved Dead, i.e., the Great White Throne Judgment described in Rev. 20]? The answer is this: Jesus Christ has been judged already for the sins of God's children. All who trust in Him are forgiven and have their sins blotted out. God is a just God who must demand that sin be paid for. Bur since God is a just God, He cannot demand that sin be paid for twice. If I accept the price that Jesus paid for my sins, then I shall not come into condemnation. John 5:24 says:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."
- John R. Rice

One who has trusted in Jesus Christ will never come to judgment to suffer the loss of his soul. Praise the Lord for that sweet promise! (John 5:24) - John R. Rice

If I should come to be judged for my deeds, I would go to Hell, for I am a sinner and the Bible says that "the soul that sinneth, it shall die" (Ezek. 18:4). The Bible says that "the wages of sin is death" (Rom. 6:23). So I deserve death. It is only by the mercy of God that Jesus has taken my place, has been judged for my sin, and I am now forgiven. I am not condemned; I shall not come into condemnation nor unto judgment. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'