Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I Can't Pray Like That

Recently had someone send me a letter in which they asked me to pray for them about a certain matter, in a certain way, and quite frankly - I can't pray like that.

They already made a bad decision. They already decided what they are going to do, now they want God's blessings on it, with God's people praying that God will help them as they go further away from what they should probably be doing. I can't pray like that.

It would be like praying for Jonah to have a good journey as he sails to Tarshish instead of Nineveh. I can't pray like that.

They didn't ask for counsel from God's Word. They made a decision and then wanted prayer as they went off without counsel.  I can't pray like that.

Some time ago I suggested to them about another matter that they seek the counsel of a wise, former pastor's wife they knew and the look on their face was if I had slapped them. I think they knew what she would say but that was not what they wanted to hear. I can't pray like that.

It would be like praying for God to bless Rehoboam after he takes the advice of spiritually bereft individuals instead of the wise counsel offered by his father's counselors.  I can't pray like that.


No comments:

 
mobile='yes'