1 Timothy 6:20
Pastor Rick Jackson
I. FAKE SCIENCE OPPOSES THE BIBLE
Wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions. A man leaves home – he runs a short way and turns left, he runs a short way more and turns left, he runs a short way again and after making another left turn he heads toward home and finds two masked men waiting for him. Who are the men?
1. Fake Science Assumes there is No God [Proverbs 1:7, Ps. 14:1] can they disprove He exists?
2. Fake Science Assumes Death Before Man [Rm. 5:12-21, 6:23; Gn. 1:31]
3. Fake Science Assumes He Knows Best [Rm. 1:18-28] even though “science” books change all the time
II. FAKE SCIENCE IGNORES EVIDENCE [2 Peter 3:1–7]
1. Uniformitarianism [v. 1-4] (the belief that present slow processes are sufficient to explain what happened in the past)
2. Deny the Worldwide Flood [v. 5-6] “Billions of dead things buried in rock layer laid down by water all over the earth”
3. Have the Big Bang in the Wrong Place [v. 7-12, Gn. 1:1-6ff.]
III. FAKE SCIENCE BELITTLES EVIDENCE [2 Pet. 3:3]
1. The Case of the Red Blood Cells “blood-like cells and collagen from 75-million-year-old dinosaur fossils” vs. 6000 yrs.
2. The Case of the Missing Dinosaur? [Job 40:1, 15-24]
3. The Case of the Incarnate God [Mk. 10:6; Mt. 24:37–39, 5:17–18; John 10:25, 17:17]