Thursday, December 29, 2016

RESOLUTIONS WHILE WE WAIT


I CORINTHIANS 1:1-9



Pastor Rick Jackson



I. PASTORAL RESOLUTIONS (& HOW THEY AFFECT YOU)



1. I will preach CHRIST [1:17, 23; 2:2] -Bring the lost!



2. I will give you Milk [3:1-2a] -Bring a sincere desire to learn



For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. [Heb. 5:12-13]



Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. [1 Pet. 2:1-3]



3. I will give you Meat [3:2] -Be prepared to have to chew (Meditate)



But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.  [Heb. 5:14]



II. NEGATIVE RESOLUTIONS FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN



1. "I will not DEVALUE my life" [3:10-15]



2. "I will not DEFILE the temple of God" [3:16-17]



3. "I will not DECEIVE myself with the world!" [3:18-23] The world is the problem, the Word is the solution.



III. POSITIVE RESOLUTIONS FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN



1. Be Faithful [4:1-2]



2. Be Forewarned [4:3-13] Things aren't always as YOU think they are!



3. Be Followers! [4:14-17]



Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. [I Co. 11:1]



Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; [Eph. 5:1]



And he (JESUS) saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. [Mt. 4:19]



My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [Jn. 10:27]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'