Sunday, January 03, 2016

Five of the greatest sayings in the Bible



by the late Sumner Wemp


Five of the greatest sayings in the Bible
1. Saul said, "Lord what wilt thou have me to do" Acts 9:6. He meant it and he did it.   Young people ought to ask it about their companion and their career. You must not miss God's will and way for your life. He has a plan for your career and He has a companion for your life. It will be the most joyous if you have His choice for a wife and life career.   Every adult is designed by God for "life more abundantly." It must be "not my will but thine be done" DAILY. 
2. After fishing all night and catching nothing Jesus said to Peter, "Launch out and let down you nets for a catch." Peter made this great statement. "At thy word I will" and he caught the greatest catch of his life. We ALL ought to obey God like that. "The real tragedy of life is not what we suffer but what we miss." 
3. Isaiah saw a wicked world dying and going to hell and God asked, "Who will go for me". Isaiah made that fabulous statement which each of us would be filled with joy and purpose if we made it, Isaiah said, 'Here am I send me". Isa 6:8. 
4. When Paul was on the ship headed to Rome and the great storm came up and the ship was wrecked and all thought they were going to perish, but Paul had been assured by God they would make it, he said, "Be of good cheer for I believe God that it shall be even as it was told me" Acts 27:25. Oh, that we all "believed God" like that. Our lives would be so full and so rich. 
5. The greatest statement of all was when Jesus was on the cross suffering and dying for our sins, He cried out, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me" and the whole answer is that He had our sins laid on Him and He suffered the eternal punishment for MY sins and YOUR sins and the sins of the whole world. I have found as I meditate on this every morning in my quiet time in prayer with the Lord it has a wonderful impact on my daily life. WHAT A WONDERFUL SAVIOR. 

Sumner
       





No comments:

 
mobile='yes'