Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What was the most powerful question of all time?

By the late Sumner Wemp

Subject: Jesus asked the most powerful question of all time




Jesus, God manifest in the flesh, asked Peter, maybe the greatest of the twelve,  the greatest question, when He said, ""Peter, son of Jonas, Lovest thou me?" Jn 21:15. In fact He asked Peter three times, "Lovest thou me?" The sad, sad part is that Peter never did say, "I love (agape) you" but said, I like (phileo) you. I personally believe it broke Jesus' heart.

Several things about this strikes me.

1. Jesus, God in the flesh,  wants to hear us say "I love you".

When I was courting Celeste, I remember the night so very well. I told her, "I love you." It was not hard to do. BUT, Celeste said, "I have never said this to another  man, I love you."  Folks, that was one of the most precious moments of all my life. Can you realize how Jesus wants to hear us say, "I love you" to Him? WOW. After 61 years, I have never gotten tired of hearing her say, "I love you".  NEITHER DOES JESUS.

2. God, Himself, said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all of your heart... And thou shall teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sittest...when thou walkest...when thou liest down, when thou risest up." Deut 6:5-7. Oh my, it must be pretty important to God that we say it to Him.

3. God the Holy Spirit, a very real Person, must get a "rush" when we tell Him," I love you". Got a verse for that?

4. Your wife, your husband, your, mother, your father, your children MUST hear you say personally to them, "I love you". It is the most manly thing you can say to your wife and children.

5. EVERY day, in my prayer time, I say to God, My Father, "I love you". Every day, I say to my Lord and Savior, Jesus, "I love you". Every day I say to the Holy Spirit, my Comforter (and the 60 things I gave about Him a year ago) "I love You". Seriously, it is  the highlight of my prayer time.  "Go thou and do likewise" ABC Sumner

Tracts in your pocket, your tract rack, will help you stay forcused on getting the gospel to EVERY person. Mk 16;15. Call 1-877-872-2871 and order "Your ticket to Heaven" "the easiest tract I have every given out" from one of you. If you as a pastor will, your people will. "Lay up treasures in heaven." One easy way to do it. TRACTS given to lost people.
"They rehearsed all that God had done with them" Acts 14:27. They were not boasting. They were telling what God did. How we need to do that today and for it to be just as normal as breathing. When have you seen "a demonstration of the power of God" in your life? We need to tell about it to encourage others to hunger for it. Call 1-877-872-2871 to order my tract "Your Ticket to Heaven" We are seeing the power of God as we use it.



No comments:

 
mobile='yes'