Saturday, January 22, 2011

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Why Witness?

From: SWemp@aol.com


The very next day after I got saved Horace, my best buddy, and I had a newspaper route and were going down Phoenix Ave. at 4 a.m.to deliver our papers.  I began talking to Horace about getting saved.  No one down here told me to do it but a wonderful person, the Holy Spirit, put it in my heart to tell Horace I had been saved and I wanted to see him saved. Three weeks later he got saved. Then two weeks later another buddy got saved. I did not have a "burden" for them- I just did not want them to go to hell.  And like Peter I said "At Thy Word, I will".
 
I heard we were to get the gospel to every person and I tried to do it and haven't stopped, 70 years later. The key to it all is "obey God". I believe we have blinded most Christians into looking and praying for "a burden for souls". NO, just obey God. 
 
"To Him that knoweth to do good, (get the gospel to every person- Mk. 16:15) and doeth it not to him it is SIN" Oh how we run from murdering or stealing or lying but omit the most important thing we are to do- Get people the gospel and get people saved. There is more joy in heaven over one lost person getting saved than over 99  of us already saved! [Lk 15:7] Let this verse soak in, obey it, it will transform you, your life and stock you with riches and crowns in heaven that you can cast at Jesus feet [Rev. 4] and glorify and please Him.
 
Make sense? At least give them a gospel filled tract and give them a chance to get saved.  I did it and am so grateful. I Just obey God. I am stunned the way God is using, "Your Ticket to Heaven" my tract to get people saved. More than any other tract I have used. "Prepare to meet thy God". Good advice for all of us.
 





Give a "Ticket to Heaven" to every person.
A lady was gloriously saved just reading the tract and told me all about it.
Order online or call 1-877-872-2871 to order my tract "Your Ticket to Heaven." Ask for Sales and tell them Sumner Wemp sent you. They will bill you - I get no proceeds from the sale.
Mark 16:15. "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'