Monday, June 21, 2010

GOD SAYS “DON’T BE A FOOL”

Ecclesiastes 5:1-7

Pastor Rick Jackson



I. WATCH YOUR STEP! [v. 1, II Tm. 4:1-4]

2 Timothy 4:1-4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

“Going to some churches is not only a waste of time; it is wrong. It is wrong to give your approval to a liberal pulpit. It is wrong when you do not give your support to a fundamental pastor who is giving out the Word of God.” - J. Vernon McGee

II. WATCH YOUR MOUTH [v. 2-3, James 1:19]

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

III. WATCH YOUR PROMISES [v. 4-7]

Psalm 66:13-14 I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'