Sunday, April 04, 2010

EASTER PRESENCE & EASTER PRESENTS

John 20:19-25

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. HIS PEACE

1. Peace in Trouble [John 14:27]

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

2. Peace in Tribulation [John 16:33]

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

3. Peace in Tears [John 20:19-21]

II. HIS PRESENCE

1. In the Midst [v. 19, 26, Matthew 18:20]

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

2. In the Ministry of the indwelling Holy Spirit [v. 22]

Pentecost is not the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell believers but to imbue believers with power- Resurrection day is the day the indwelling began.

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

III. HIS PURPOSE

1. The Father’s Purpose [v. 22]

2. The Saviour’s Purpose [v. 22]

3. The Spirit’s Purpose [v. 23-24]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'