Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Why should we go to Heaven



 Sumner Wemps Spiritual Encouragement & Motivation
   view archive 



Why should we go to Heaven

From the writings of Sumner Wemp


 

Why should you go to heaven?

 

Tonight while filling my car with gas, a fellow next to me was very friendly and we began talking. The conversation led easily for me to ask him if knew for sure he was going to heaven. "Of course I do" he said smilingly. Then I asked, "If you went up to gates of heaven and they asked you, why should we let you into heaven, what would you say." It is amazing how tongue tied people get when asked that.
 
The devils believe in God
Finally he said, "I believe." When I pointed out the devils believe in God and tremble, he could not tell me what he believed. By now I had that sick feeling in my stomach. I have seen it so many times that people really don't have a clue as to how to go to heaven.
 
The Evangecube says it all
As I presented the gospel with the cube and told him how the Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins and rose again, he listened intently and thought it was cute. His finally statement was, "Oh I believe all of that." My stomach churned even more.
Many will say

"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' " Matt. 7:22,23. How terrible, how tragic to wake up to late and find you are lost forever.
 
A different story
Saturday I present the same gospel with the same cube and a sharp man understood his works and good deeds would not get him into heaven and prayed with me to receive the Lord Jesus and had assurance he was saved.
 
What is your answer
Why does God forgive us of our sins? ONLY because the Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins, paid our debt in full and rose again. Until a person understands that and trust what Christ did and not what he does to get him to heaven, he will hear those horrible words, "Depart from me I never knew you."
 
If you are not sure
You made a "profession" when you were a child maybe but did not really "understand" Matt 13:23, but you do now, why don't you bow your head and tell God you believe on the Lord Jesus as your savior, that He died for your sins so God can forgive you, save you and take you to heaven one day. Write and tell me about it.

I apologize for not sending the devotionals for almost a week but I was out of the country on an evangelism trip.  We have been praising God for 294 new professions of faith this last week.  If you too would like to go on a week long evangelism trip please go to the East-West Ministries website and sign up for a short term trip that fits your schedule.
Click here for the East-West Ministries website.

 


inJesus.com visit my inJesus to check out thousands of groups and messages
learn more about inJesus or start a group
IJCWM2H-GA007EM8-OA007GRN-7B007H0O-2HIJCWM

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'