Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 WORDS FROM THE MASTER

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. A WORD OF WARNING “In the world ye shall have tribulation”

1. Against Entanglement [2 Peter 2:20]

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

2. Against Enemies [Matthew 13:28]

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

3. Against Enamorment [1 John 2:15]

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

II. A WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT “be of good cheer”

1. For the Forgiveness of Sins [Matthew 9:2]

And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

2. For the Person of the Saviour [Mark 6:50]

For they all saw him, and were troubled. And immediately he talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid.

3. For the Victory of Christ [Acts 27:25]

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

III. A WORD OF REASON “I have overcome the world”

1. The Reason is a Person [John 14:1-6]
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2. The Reason is a Promise [1 John 5:4-5]

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

3. The Reason is a Product [Romans 8:37]

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.


John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'