Monday, December 14, 2009

IT'S JUST LIKE JESUS...

Pastor Rick Jackson

Matthew 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

Mark 8:27-29 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am? And they answered, John the Baptist: but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets. And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Recently, a Christian lady who should know better wrote, " I have decided that God is ignoring me. I am in need of a job and have been since May. My kids and I will be on the streets in a week. I will never pray again...I can not trust God any more. He has let me down many times. I have asked and asked but He will not help me. So I am giving up on Him. I must make my own way. And I shall. Almost everyone I have ever known has failed me when I needed them most. It should be no surprise that God has also. Maybe I am just a mistake. God made me and said, "oops."

Words: Ed­na R. Wor­rell, 1903/Music: Clar­ence B. Strouse (MI­DI, score)#333
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend I have called Jesus, whose love is strong and true,
And never fails howe’er ’tis tried, no matter what I do;
I’ve sinned against this love of His, but when I knelt to pray,
Confessing all my guilt to Him, the sin clouds rolled away.

Refrain

It’s just like Jesus to roll the clouds away,
it’s just like Jesus to keep me day by day,
it’s just like Jesus all along the way,
It’s just like His great love.

Sometimes the clouds of trouble bedim the sky above,
I cannot see my Savior’s face, I doubt His wondrous love;
But He, from heaven’s mercy seat, beholding my despair,
In pity bursts the clouds between, and shows me He is there.

Refrain

When sorrow’s clouds o’ertake me, and break upon my head,
When life seems worse than useless, and I were better dead;
I take my grief to Jesus then, nor do I go in vain,
For heavenly hope He gives that cheers like sunshine after rain.

Refrain

O, I could sing forever of Jesus’ love divine,
Of all His care and tenderness for this poor life of mine;
His love is in and over all, and wind and waves obey,
When Jesus whispers “Peace, be still!” and rolls the clouds away.

Refrain

I. JESUS NEVER

1. He's the Sinless One Who Never Sins

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

2. He's the Ageless One Who Never Ages

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

3. He's the King Who Never Abdicates [Rev. 17:14, 19:16]

Psalm 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Matthew 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
John 19:21-22 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews. Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.

II. JESUS NEVER LOSES

1. He's the Saviour/Shepherd Who Has Never Lost a Sinner/Sheep

Matt. 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

2. He's the Lawyer Who Has Never Lost a Case [1 John 2:1]

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

3. He's the Soldier Who Has Never Lost a Battle

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Joshua 5:14-15 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

III. JESUS NEVER FAILS

1. He is the Author Who Has Never Failed to Finish What He Started [Heb. 5:9, 12, Phil. 1:6]

2. He is the Water That Never Failed to Satisfy [Jer. 17:13, Jn. 4:10]

3. He is the Beloved One Who Has Never Failed to Love [Rm. 8:39, Eph. 1:6]

4. He is the Priest Who Has Never Failed to Make Reconciliation [Heb. 2:17, 6:20, 7:26]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'