Monday, July 27, 2009

Read this thrilling follow up or discipling story.

Sumner Wemps Spiritual Encouragement & Motivation
Subscribe Unsubscribe Change E-mail View Archive

Read this thrilling follow up or discipling story.
Sumner

Read about this "follow up" or discipling

Quit often I am asked, What about follow up? Most of those who ask this never win anyone to follow-up. They just want to catch me in a trap. The truth is I want to and try to follow up or disciple those I lead to Christ. As a pastor our record of discipling was very high. It is quite a task to follow up those you lead to Christ on planes, in other towns etc. Remember the D.rs Nurse who got saved a couple of weeks ago? Listen to what has happened since then

Today I had to see this same Dr. This nurse came in to prepare me for the Drs visit. I would give anything if you could have been there. She was radiating with the joy of the Lord. I rejoiced with her and told her I had prayed for her everyday since she accepted Christ. She could hardly believe someone had prayed for her every day. Then she said, "That is why it all happened." She began to tell me all the changes that had been taking place in her life. This really topped the cake. She had been heavily in debt and began to tell how she has been able to pay one debt after another. Then she looked at me and said, "You did it." Dear people, please don't be carnal and think I am taking any credit. God did it but she could hardly believe I had prayed for her every day and I HAD. Do you know what? I think praying for her is a great follow up. It was working wonders in her life. Then she told about one of the receptionists for this Dr. is a Christian, heard about her getting saved and was discipling her. She got her a Bible and she was reading it. Remember Phil 1:6, "Being confident, that He which began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." That is a great promise for every soul winner especially when you cannot disciple a person. God will do it.

Jesus was moved with compassion when He saw the multitudes with no shepherd. We should be moved too and move toward them to get the gospel to them.

New drawings and web site with new materials. go to http://www.sumnerwemp.com/

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'