Thursday, July 02, 2009

God's Timing

Last night (see previous blog) I preached my fourth message on "I THINK I'LL JUST GO ON ANYWAY". It was a mini-series I fully intended to have ended 2 weeks ago but was unable to do so and then led of the Spirit to finish yesterday eve. It was a normal Wednesday night service, after the songs and announcements the first (and only current) deacon of Bradford Baptist Church, my brother-in-law Bruce Scott went over the prayer list with us with his usual style of humor and genuine concern.

When I got up I thanked Bruce again for preaching for me last Wednesday while I was away with the young people at the Bill Rice Ranch in Murfreesboro, Tn. He spoke on "When God Reaches Down His Hand" and I had heard the message on tape and complimented him on it. I preached after that. Part of my message was... "Paul was saying, We ought: GO ON IN SPITE OF TEARS... Tears Because of Death [Isaiah 25:8]He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces;
Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Rev. 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

God's Timing. Always perfect. Sometime in the early afternoon today, God reached down His hand, tapped Bruce Scott on the shoulder, and said, "Come home my child." Bruce was just starting to leave the home of a Christian brother who thought he had stumbled and reached out to catch him. Before he could ease Bruce's body to the ground Bruce was walking on streets of gold, basking in the glow of his Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks to Jesus, I think I'll just go on anyway.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'