Thursday, June 11, 2009

QUOTES OF THE WEEK!

I have just learned of the recent homegoing of Dr. J. R. Faulkner, a beloved friend, teacher, mentor, pastor, and so much more. I heard that someone asked Dr. Roberson what he would do if Dr. Faulkner was ever led of God to leave TTU and HPBC to go somewhere else. The response was supposedly, "We'd keep right on with the work! Going right down the line. Hire three men to replace him and keep going!" Whether that story is true or not I know the following quote to be accurate:

"In the many years of my work, I have found no one to equal Dr. Faulkner in fruitfulness, purity of life, and dedication to the cause of Christ. As a multi-talented man, he performed every task with precision, enthusiasm, zeal, and spiritual power. As a song leader, artist, administrator, preacher or soul winner, he worked with an unquestioned whole-heartedness. We continue to walk together in the work of our Saviour!!" - Dr. Lee Roberson

"It doesn't take any character at all to complain about anything." -Evangelist Troy Carlson

"When you wake up--- get up! When you get up--- wake up!" J. R. Faulkner

"At least four opinions exist of you: the world's opinion, your loved ones' opinion, your opinion . . . and God's opinion." (Jeremiah 23:24) -Evangelist Jim Cook

J. R. Faulkner was at Bradford Baptist Church years ago for a missions conference along with BIMI missionary to the U.S. Military Sammy Popwell. Dr. Faulkner came to me and said, "Brother Jackson, I want you to give all my love offering to Brother Popwell--- but don't tell him I said that... (and then thinking that wasn't fair to me he added) or at least until I'm gone." - Rick Jackson

“The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.” —Author Unknown

"Well, there are only two things that are eternal. The Word of God and the souls of men. So we better start investing our time in those two things! And that's what really, really counts" Joe Jordan, Word of Life [as heard on Gospel Dynamite, 11-5-1993]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'