Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"I THINK I'LL JUST GO ON ANYWAY"

GN. 37:1-5, 39:1-3, 19-23, 40:23-41:1, 9-16

Pastor Rick Jackson

The other day I heard part of a message I had heard before by Dr. Raymond Hancock and I needed it. The Lord spoke to my heart and I felt like He said to me others might need it as well. I don't want to preach Brother Hancock's message but I do want to preach the Lord's truth using the same title and the same thought. This could end up being a mini-series of sorts but for right now, "I think I'll just go on anyway!"

That's what Joseph did as he faced the opposition of his brothers. As he faced the prospect of slavery. As he faced the proposition of sin. As he faced the perspective of prison. As he faced te forgetfulness of friends. As he faced the possibility of promotion. He seemed to say over and over again, "I think I'll just go on anyway!"

Each of us face hardships, heartbreaks, and hard times. Each of us gets frustrated, fearful and flustered. We all get weary, we all get dreary, we all get bleary what we need to do is say...

I. FACE THE FACTS!

1. Turning Back will NOT make you Happy! [Acts 7:39ff]

2. Turning Back will Make you Sorry! [Ps. 78:9-11ff]

3. Turning Back will NOT Satisfy your Soul! [1 Samuel 15:11]

It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

II. FIGURE THE FINALS!

1. Finishing Will Honor God! [2 Timothy 4:6-8]

2. Finishing will Help Others! [Philippians 1:24]

Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

3. Finishing will Heighten your Development! [Hebrews 5:14]

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

III. FORTIFY YOUR FAITH! [Eph. 6]

1. In the Lord [v. 10-12]

2.In His Word [v. 13-17]

3. In Prayer [v. 18]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'