Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Don't handle it yourself... let God handle it!




Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.




How often we are tempted to "get back" at those who wrong us. The truth is--- we never have to do that. "I don't get mad, I just get even" may sound tough but it isn't Scriptural. God's timing is always right, God's way is always best, and God's dealings are always just. Let me give you a personal example.




I few years ago several individuals started slandering me. I wanted badly to strike back but for the most part I let it go lest I cause more harm than good. I talked to the Lord about it and then left it in His hands the best I could. Since then I have been vindicated and these individuals have very obviously been dealt with far better than I could have ever done.




Then, to let me know He had it under control I came across a cassette tape I was given 5 or more years ago that I had never heard (it was accompanied by several hundred others). It had been taped in 1989 by a friend of mine in Tennessee and had made its way to me in Florida and waited until just the right time for me to play (ain't God good?). It was primarily a tape of a church service that my friend was taping via radio but after the service the tape recorded a lesson given by J. Vernon McGee. Here is a transcript of part of that message:







Isaiah 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.




Now when He says He gave these nations for a ransom that seems to contradict Scripture. Because God doesn't do that sort of thing according to our way of looking at it. But have you ever noticed that God says "that these nations that I used to discipline you- I will judge those nations. I permitted them to treat you as they did, and now I will judge them." And that's what He means when he says here He gave them.




And you find that in Proverbs 21:18, "The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright." Do you know why God permitted that enemy to cross your pathway and cause you all the trouble that he did? And you often wondered why. God did it in order to bring you into line. In order to develop you, my friend. God gave him for your deliverance and that's the way that He does these things. And we're told here in Proverbs 11:8, "The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead." Takes his place. And I have observed this, God has let several people really mistreat me. I'll be honest with you I talked to Him about it because I thought He was wrong. But now I noticed the Lord is paddling these individuals, and I must confess I'm rather satisfied and I see now what He means here that He intends to do it just that way and it did something for me by the way.




Wow! Confirmation upon confirmation. What had I done in the meantime? I had prayed for those individuals. Not imprecatory prayers mind you. I confess I do not like those folks but God said "love your enemies" so I prayed for them anyway. Not because I am so devout and holy but because it's easier to obey God than to fight Him. I don't like "whuppin's". Let's let God handle things. He does it better than us anyway and the results are far less messy in our lives.


1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thank you so much for writing this blog. It was so helpful to me. I really needed to be encouraged! I just couldn't understand why God was allowing wicked people to hurt me the way that they have. I have not seen any vindication, but I believe God cares about the pain and the injustice that they perpetrated against me....the lies, slander, rumors...all that they have stolen from me...igheand He will vindicate me in His time. God bless you!

 
mobile='yes'