Friday, April 25, 2008

Crash & Call (The inevitable and the intelligent)

Late Thursday night my computer crashed and I lost everything in it! Tracie, our local computer repairer was able to save all my photos but not without saving all approximately 50,000 images that were in my computer. Apparently every time you look at something on the web, say- a book you are considering buying at Amazon.com, your computer records it. You delete it of course BUT... if you ever try to recover files (like my pictures) you recover everything! so now I get to wade through 50,000 pics to find my few hundred or so. Fun, fun, fun. A work in progress.

Tracie gave me some good advice after I told her I thought about calling her when the problem first happened but decided to try to fix it myself first. She said, "Anytime you think about calling me... that's a good time to step back away from the computer and call me."

Does life ever crash around you? Have you ever thought about calling on God at that moment or a thousand other moments. Anytime you think that, that's a good time to step back and call on God!

"Pray without ceasing!"

"Men ought always to pray and not to faint."

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'