Sunday, December 16, 2007

LET NOTHING YOU DISMAY

JOHN 3:16; 14:1

Pastor Rick Jackson

God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay,
Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day;
To save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray.

Refrain
O tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy;
O tidings of comfort and joy.

The first line of this Christmas Carol is basically a paraphrase of John 14:6 and it is true for the same reason! At Christmastime or anytime "God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay!"

But how can you do that? With so much turmoil in the world, and strife in your life how can you not be dismayed? How can you not let your heart be troubled!

I. BELIEVE IN GOD! [JN. 14:1]

1. GOD IS OMNISCIENT!

Joshua 22:22 The LORD God of gods, the LORD God of gods, he knoweth...

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Job 28:23 God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.

Job 34:25 Therefore he knoweth their works...

Psalm 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Daniel 2:20-22 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever °: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

2. GOD IS OMNIPRESENT!

Psalm 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

3. GOD IS OMNIPOTENT!

Isaiah 50:1-3 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.

Jeremiah 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

II. BELIEVE IN JESUS! [JN 14:1]

1. JESUS SHOWS US THE EXPEDIENCY OF GOD!

Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

2. JESUS SHOWS US THE EXCELLENCY OF GOD!

1 Corinthians 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for ° the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

3. JESUS SHOWS US THE EXPRESSION OF GOD!

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

III. BELIEVE IN THE BLESSED HOLY SPIRIT!

1. HE IMPACTS OUR LIVES! [14:16]

2. HE INDWELLS OUR BODIES! [14:16-17]

3. HE INSTRUCTS OUR SOULS! [14:26-27]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'