Thursday, August 16, 2007

QUOTES OF THE WEEK!

"The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country. --Calvin Coolidge

He (Satan) had said, "your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods knowing good and evil"; but he had left out a material part of the truth, namely, that they should know good without the power to do it, and that they should know evil without the power to avoid it! -CHM


Concerning these next "quotes": I cannot vouch for the veracity of the authors (though I have tried). The quotes were pretty good though no matter who said them so I have included them with this advisement.

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement. Mark Twain

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible. -- George Burns

Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year. - - Victor Borge

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. Socrates

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. Groucho Marx

I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap. Bob Hope

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress. Will Rogers

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty . but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out. Phyllis Diller

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere. Billy Crystal

The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good, spit it out.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'