Tuesday, August 14, 2007

POEMS OF THE WEEK!

I NEEDED THE QUIET

I needed the quiet so he drew me aside
Into the shadows where we could confide,
Away from the bustle where all the day long
I hurried and worried when active and strong.

I needed the quiet tho at first I rebelled,
But gently, so gently my cross he upheld,
And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things,
Tho weakened in body, my spirit took wings
To heights never heard of when active and gay,
He loved me so greatly he drew me away.

I needed the quiet, no prison my bed,
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead –
A place to grow richer in Jesus to hide
I needed the quiet so he drew me aside.

– Alice H. Mortenson

TO SEEK JESUS

To seek for Jesus
-is to find Jesus.

To find Jesus,
-is to know Jesus.

To know Jesus,
-is to love Jesus.

To love Jesus,
-is to follow Jesus.

To follow Jesus,
-is to follow God.

-Rick Jackson (written Fall 1974, I was 17)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'