Monday, August 13, 2007

better than Tiger Woods?

Winning a soul to Christ is a billion times better than Tiger Woods winning the golf tournament.

Sumner Wemp (use link at left for more) Aug 13, 2007

Tiger Woods just won the 2007 PGA golf tournament. It will make headlines, it will go down in history, millions watched it on TV, thousands cheered at the golf course. He won over one million dollars for four days of golf. That boy or girl, that man or woman you won to Christ is worth a billion trillion times more than that trophy or the millions dollars, he has won. No one noticed or cheered for you. What he did will be forgotten forever in heaven but that soul will be there, forever in heaven.

Look what God did. Celeste and I ran into Bob Pearson and family from Chicago, one of my most cherished friends, after church. He took us out to eat, to a cafeteria I would have never thought to go. Just as we finished eating the 50 year old assistant manager stopped at our table. Bob spoke to him and said to me,"Give him one of your tracts." I gave him "Your Ticket to Heaven."

He said, "Boy do I need that."

I gave him my pet reply, "Louis, we all need that." Then I just told him how God loved him and the Lord Jesus suffered and died for all our sins, paid our debt in full, rose again and was seen by hundreds. "Louis, the whole issue is, did Jesus pay our debt of sin or didn't He. God said He did. Do you believe He died for your sins too?" It was amazing, he saw it and said, "Why, yes He did."

There in the cafeteria, with scores all around, I asked, "Louis, could you right now, pray with me and tell God you want to receive the Lord Jesus as your Savior?" Without hesitation he said, "Yes, I could " We bowed out heads and he prayed out loud and received the Lord Jesus as his Savior and God gave assurance he was saved. I asked if he would tell the other four adults at the table what he had just done. He said, "Yes" and immediately told them "I just accepted Jesus as my Savior." Heaven came down as we all nearly burst into tears of joy and awe at what God had done.

As I look back, it was so obvious, God orchestrated the whole event. Of course, I am going to follow up.

Dear people, anyone could have lead Louis to Christ. "God said, the harvest is plenteous, the laborers are few". We have just got to get serious about obeying God to get this gospel, this good news, like God commanded us, to every person we have that moment of personal contact. It is the ONLY way we are ever going to change the world. PLEASE, start by giving them a good gospel tract and watch God open just such doors for you too. What you do in "preaching the gospel", the GOOD NEWS, to any person is far more important to you, to God and to that person than all the riches and rewards down here.

"Rejoice not that the spirits are subject to you but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven" Lk 10:20 and for the one who led YOU to Christ.

Enter the drawings for packs of tracts www.sumnerwemp.com and read great articles. You are loved by God and me. My passion is you will have tons of treasures and trophies up there as you leave every thing else down here! ABC Sumner

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'