Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year from 2 Sumners

Robert L. Sumner (use Biblical Evangelist link on left) sent me this:

After serious & cautious consideration.....your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2007 !
My Wish for You in 2007
May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had, forget your home address! In simple words ............ May 2007 be the best year of your life!!!

Sumner Wemp sent me this:

This is a story about Mrs. Jones a 92-year-old Christian woman who was legally blind. In spite of her limitation she was always neatly arranged. Her hair carefully brushed, neatly dressed and her makeup tastefully applied. Each morning she would meet the new day with eagerness. After her husband of 70 years died, it became necessary for her to go to a nursing home where she could receive proper care. All the arrangements were made well in advance. On the day of the move, a helpful neighbor drove her to the nursing home and guided her into the lobby. Her room wasn't ready, so she waited patiently in the lobby for several hours.When an attendant finally came for her, Mrs. Jones smiled sweetly as she maneuvered her walker to the elevator. The staff member described her room and all the arrangements made for her including new curtains, fresh paint and shampooed carpet. "I love it," she declared. "But Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen your room yet," the attendant replied. "That doesn't have anything to do with it," she said. "Happiness is something you choose. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how it's arranged. It's how I arrange my mind."

"This is the day the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it" Ps 118:24.

Oh, dear people, God has given you 2007 to live in. Make up your mind, "arrange your mind" to rejoice in it.

"Set your 'mind' on things above" Col 3:1. Several things to make as a goal.

1. "Lovest thou me?" "SAY" Father, I love You. You chose me before the foundation of the world. WOW. Lord Jesus, I love You. You suffered and died for my sins, paid my debt in full and rose again. Holy Spirit I love you, You convicted and converted me. Stay in love with Jesus!

2, "Preach the gospel to every person" Mk 16:15. "At thy word I will" Lk 5:5. That lost person who comes to your door is someone's loved one, who is praying for someone to lead them to Christ. Don't fail them.

3. "Exhort (encourage) one another daily" Heb 3:13. . Make someone's day, every day

4. "Lay up for yourself treasures in heaven" Mat 6:20. So you can cast your crowns at Jesus feet Rev 4:10.

You are loved by God and me, ABC C. Sumner Wemp, Dallas, TX USA

Happy New Year. May it be your greatest year ever. Make it happen.

sumner@sumnerwemp.com

http://www.gnpcb.org/product/663575730699 see "Your Ticket to Heaven"

Both of these good, godly men have had, and continue to have, a great influence on my life. Thank God for them!

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'