Wednesday, June 12, 2024

LET IT BEGIN WITH ME

2 KINGS 22

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE NEED FOR REVIVAL [v. 1-2]

1. Did Right in the Sight of the Lord but still needed Revival [v. 1-2]

2. Walked in the Way of David His Father but still needed Revival [v. 2b]

3. Turned Not Aside to the Right-hand or the Left but still needed Revival [v. 2c]

UNTO the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Rev. 2:1-5

 

II. THE NEED FOR REAL LOVE [v. 3-13]

1. Love for the House of God [v. 3-7]

2. Love for the Word of God [v. 8-12]

3. Love for the Will of God [v. 12-13]

 

III. THE NEED FOR GOD’S BLESSING [v. 14-20]

1. God’s Holiness is seen in His Judgment [v. 14-17]

2. God’s Grace & Mercy are seen in His Answering Prayer [v. 18-19, Hebrews 4:16]

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

3. God’s Mercy & Grace are also seen in His House

[v. 20, Ps. 23:6, John 14:1-2]

- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

- LET not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'