Monday, June 10, 2024

GOD’S GUIDANCE

PSALM 32:8    

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE PERSONS OF  GOD’S GUIDANCE

1. The Blessed Lord [Lk. 1:67, 76-79]

And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying . . . Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

2. The Blessed Holy Spirit [Jn. 16:13, 2 Peter 1:21]

- Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

- For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

3. The Blessed Believers [Acts 8:26-35ff] multitude

 

II. THE PATTERN OF GOD’S GUIDANCE

1. With Tenderness [Ps. 23:2, Is. 40:11, 49:10] if you let Him

- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

- He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

- They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

- They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

2. With Truth [Psalm 25:5, 43:3]

- Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

- O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

3. With Trustworthiness [Pr. 3:5-7]

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

 

III. THE PURPOSE OF GOD’S GUIDANCE – Our good & His Glory

1. For His Name’s Sake [Ps. 31:3]

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

2. For Our Salvation [Isaiah 42:16-18]

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods. Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.

3. For Our Profit [Is. 48:17]

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'