Monday, September 26, 2022

“WITH HIM” SPEAKS OF A PLACE

1 TH. 4:13-18

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

The Holy Spirit of God led Paul to write in 1 Th. 4 a word of comfort to some Christians who were concerned about believers (Christians) who had died. They were not sure of the status of those people in light of the return of Jesus Christ for His own in what is commonly called, the Rapture.

I have preached on this passage dozens of times over the years. I have read this passage scores of times but as I was asking the Lord for a message for this special occasion the Lord gave me an emphasis that I do not believe I have ever preached. Listen, if you will, to verse 14 again. Pay special attention to the last two words of the verse, they speak volumes. “with Him.”

 

I. “WITH HIM” SPEAKS OF A PLACE – THE PLACE OF HIS PRESENCE

 

Mark it down in bold print, capitalize all the letters and underline it in red because that’s where the Christian dead are today – in the presence of Jesus, “with Him.”

Jesus said, “I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:3).

Paul said we are willing “to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord” (2 Cor. 5:8).

 

II. “WITH HIM” SPEAKS OF A PLACE – THE PLACE OF HIS PEOPLE [v.13-17]

 

III. “WITH HIM” SPEAKS OF A PLACE – THE PLACE OF HIS PEACE

 

-v. 13 the Peace of Knowing “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” [Jn. 8:32]

-v. 15, 18 the peace of the Word of God “”that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope [Rm. 15:4]

 

IV. “WITH HIM” SPEAKS OF A PLACE – THE PLACE OF HIS PARDON [v. 14, 16, 17, Job 19:25-27]

 

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

 

V. “WITH HIM” SPEAKS OF A PLACE – THE PLACE OF HIS PURPOSE [v. 17]

 

“As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. “[Ps. 17:15]

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'