Monday, April 04, 2022

THE SELF-DESTRUCTION OF A SINFUL SAINT

1 SAMUEL 13

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE OUTWARD EXPRESSION

 

1. Took Credit He Didn’t Deserve [v. 1-4]

 

2. Took Liberties He Shouldn’t Demand [v. 5-9]

 

3. Refused Responsibility He Should Accept [v. 10-12]

 

II. THE INWARD EXPRESSION

 

1.  Foolishness [v. 13a, 26:21]

 

Then said Saul, I have sinned: return, my son David: for I will no more do thee harm, because my soul was precious in thine eyes this day: behold, I have played the fool, and have erred exceedingly .

 

2. Disobedience [v. 13b]

 

3.  Heart For Self [v. 14, Gal. 5:24, 6:14, Col. 3:15]

 

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

In the Christian’s heart there are two places- a cross and a throne- Christ is on one, self is on the other- [the decision is yours]

 

III. THE OUTWARD MANIFESTATION

 

1. Opportunity Lost [v.15, Proverbs 28:13]

 

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

 

2. Opposition Looms [v. 16-21]

 

3. Opportunities Limited [v. 22-23]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'