Sunday, December 26, 2021

HE CAME FROM HEAVEN

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

JOHN 3:11-18

 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

 

I. JESUS CAME TO REVEAL THE FATHER [Jn. 14:7-11, 10:30]

 

If ye had known me , ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake.

I and my Father are one.

 

1. God’s Love [Jn. 3:16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

 

2. God’s Interest [1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you]

 

Ps. 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

 

3. God’s Purpose [1 Tm. 2:3-4] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

 

II. JESUS CAME TO REVEAL HEAVEN [Jn. 14:1-3]

 

1. Where Saints Live Forever [Jn. 10:28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

 

2. Where Saints Understand [1 Cor. 13:12] For now we see through a glass, darkly ; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

 

3. Where Saints Dwell Joyfully [Rev. 21:4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

 

III. JESUS CAME TO REDEEM MANKIND

 

1. He Knew the Condition of Man [Lk. 19:10] For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

 

2. He Knew the Cost of Redemption [Galatians 3:13]

 

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

 

3. He Knew the Call of Salvation [Rom. 10:9-13] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'