Sunday, June 13, 2021

BE SINGLE-MINDED

1 Corinthians 2:2

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE MESSAGE OF THE SINGLE-MINDED

 

1. It is a Message of Christ for the Individual [1 Corinthians 1:13] No one can do for you what Christ did.

 

Is Christ divided ? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

 

2. It is the Message of the Christ of the Cross [1 Corinthians 1:23] The Message doesn’t change for anyone.

 

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock , and unto the Greeks foolishness;

 

3. It is the Message of the Christ that Matters [1 Corinthians 2:2] Sin must be dealt with.

 

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

 

II. THE PURPOSE OF THE SINGLE-MINDED [Phil. 3:13-14]

 

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

 

1. It is a Purpose that Forgets the Past [v. 13]

 

2. It is a Purpose that Focuses on the Present [v. 13-14]

 

3. It is a Purpose that Forges the Future [v. 13-14]

 

III. THE NEED OF THE SINGLE-MINDED [Luke 10:38-42]

 

1. It is a Need that Supersedes Others [v. 40-42]

 

2. It is a Need that Solicits Choice [v. 42]

 

3. It is a Need that Satisfies Christ [v. 42]

 

-it pleases Christ [Galatians 1:10, 2 Tm. 2:3-4]

 

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

 

-it promotes Christ [John 3:30]

 

He must increase, but I must decrease.

 

-it personalizes Christ [Galatians 2:20]

 

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

 

-it praises Christ [1 Peter 4:11]

 

If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

 

-it gives Christ the preeminence [Colossians 1:18]

 

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'